The order of the Red eagle was founded by Prince George William of Brandenburg–Bayreuth as the Ordre de la Sincerity on november 17, 1705. When Brandenburg–Bayreuth was absorbed by the Kingdom of Prussia this Order was revised by king William Fredrik IV of Prussia on june 12, 1792. It was awarded to both military personnel and civilians, to recognize valor in combat, excellence in military leadership, long and faithful service to the kingdom, or other achievements. As with most German orders, the Order of the Red Eagle could only be awarded to commissioned officers or civilians of approximately equivalent status. The Crown was added June 12, 1892, and this badge is the 4 th type, 1854 – 1918.
Manufacturer: Probably Wagner